Whoever said you had to settle down and be married by the time you hit 30 is living in the stone age. Today, it’s perfectly fine to be single and 30, and here’s why:
1. You haven’t met the right person yet.
No one should ever think that they have to settle for anyone just to fit in with societal expectations!
2. You can do whatever you want.
Whether you want to go out and drink until 3 in the morning, or crash in bed and watch Netflix all night, it’s cool!
3. You can date whomever you want.
Married people have to deal with one person for the rest of their lives, while you get to date around as often and with whomever you want.
4. You get to spend as much time with your friends as you want to.
Since you don’t have a significant other hogging all of your time, you can be with your friends all the time.
5. You never have to share a bed if you don’t want to.
The joys of not being committed are that you can have your romp in the hay and then kick the person out, leaving you to sprawl across your bed like a boss.
6. You can have sex however and whenever you want.
With safety in mind, you can get down and dirty with whomever you want, wherever you want!
7. You can wear whatever you want to.
Forget to try to look your best to impress your partner, you can finally wear that ragged old shirt and sweatpants for days at a time if you really wanted to.
8. You can stay friends with your exes.
New partners generally don’t like when you are still friends with your ex, sometimes they’ll even demand you to stop talking to them. But since you’re single, you can keep being friends with that ex.
9. You don’t have to shave all the time.
Need we even explain this one?
10. You can still have children.
Celebrities prove time and time again that you can have kids at any age, so why rush?
11. You never have to share.
You may have always shared your delicious dessert with your partner, but now that you’re single, you can enjoy the whole decadent thing yourself.
12. You can still do all the wild things you’ve wanted to.
You’re still young enough to go on crazy adventures whenever you get a chance.
13. You can flirt whenever you want to.
Flirting is natural and it should frequently be done. Since you’re single, you never have to worry about hurting a partner’s feelings because you were flirting with someone else.
14. No one really cares.
No one truly cares whether you’re single or not… Except for those bitter wives who rushed to the altar and settled for the first dude who asked.
15. Divorce is never on your radar.
Since you’re single, you never have to worry about being slapped with divorce papers and half of your stuff being carted away by the bitter ex.