Gone are the days when your 40s was considered “the beginning of the end.” Traditionally, men in their 40s would be seen buying expensive sports cars or motorcycles, or having a secret affair with some hot young thing. Women around the same age would be dealing with “empty nest” syndrome and she would struggle with trying to figure out who she was now that she didn’t have any children to care for.
Today, turning 40 isn’t the beginning of the end, but now you are considered coming into your prime. A lot of people consider 40 to be young and you are just as beautiful, desirable, and lively as people who are several years your junior.
So… What’s changed?
Well, you could say that medical advancements give us the ability to recapture that youthful glow, but it goes much further than that. People are taking better care of themselves by exercising more, watching what they eat, drinking more water… Women aren’t pressured to get married and have children when they are in their 20s. People are living longer and enjoying every moment of it.
If you’re in your 40s, here are some tips that can help you make the most out of it and make this the best decade yet.
1. If you are single, use this time to find your ideal match. Take everything that you’ve learned about yourself and the opposite sex and use it to make you a terrific flirt.
2. If you are married, add some excitement to your marriage. Be spontaneous by rekindling the passion that you once felt for your partner by going on a surprise vacation or just plan a romantic evening.
3. Go through your wardrobe and throw out things you don’t wear anymore. Then, go on a shopping trip and buy an outfit that makes you feel like a million bucks. You’d be surprised by how a new outfit will change the way you feel about yourself.
4. You’re never too late to reinvent yourself. If you dislike your job and want to pursue your passions, do it! Use this time to fulfill all those dreams that you’ve put on the backburner because you thought you had to do the responsible thing.
5. Go to all of the places that you wanted to but couldn’t because you had obligations that prevented you from doing so. Go backpacking across Europe. Rent an RV and travel the country. Whatever it is, go do it!
6. Whatever you may regret not doing when you were younger, now is the perfect time for you to go out and do it. This could be volunteering for a charity you believe in, write a book, join an acting troupe… Anything is possible!
Your 40s is just the beginning of the rest of your life. Instead of thinking that things are only going to go downhill, look at it as an opportunity to do everything you want to. If you’re afraid that you’re never going to find someone special to share your life with, don’t worry… Love is right around the corner!