What happens when you meet a lovely woman, and when you have a conversation with her, are you completely smitten with her? You’ll probably start asking questions so you can learn more about her. During the conversation, she might tell you that she is a widow. You might not think anything about it at the time because you just want to ask her out on a date. If she does agree to go out with you, you might be on cloud nine. Until reality sets in and you realize that you are going to be going out with a widowed woman.
You might be tempted just to brush it off and believe it’s the same as dating any other woman who may have gone through a divorce. Here are 10 ways dating a widowed woman is different from dating a divorced lady.
1. A divorced woman probably didn’t have a happy marriage. Otherwise, she would still be married. A widow, on the other hand, might have had a happier marriage. This means that when you’re dating a widowed woman you might experience moments when she is melancholy because she could be reflecting on a happy moment with her deceased spouse.
2. Unlike a divorced woman with children, a widowed woman will not have the children’s other parent around to help them out. This means that you will be stepping up and fulfilling the role of the other parent if things do become serious between you and the mother.
3. A divorced woman with children has the opportunity to let their hair down and get a break from parenting every weekend (or however the visitation schedule works out), whereas a widow doesn’t get that opportunity. The only way a widowed mother can get a break is if the children stay with the family, friends, or a babysitter. In other words, a weekend getaway may not be as easy to plan you may want.
4. A divorced woman might be getting child support on alimony to help with her bills and care for the children, which can be a big help. A widowed woman, on the other hand, probably won’t get much, if any monetary support. She may have received a life insurance policy or social security if the husband was older or disabled, but for the most part, she’s supporting herself.
5. A divorced woman may be more likely to have negative feelings toward her ex (or men in general), which could make dating her a challenge. A widow, on the other hand, has no hostility toward men.
6. Widows sometimes are reluctant to start dating again after the death of her spouse and may spend some years single. A divorced woman, on the other hand, might feel relieved to be single again and start dating relatively quickly.
7. Sometimes divorces don’t go over so well, or the couple still has obligations to one another so you may have to deal with the ex. When you’re dating a widowed woman, the ex will not be a problem.
8. Sometimes when you’re dating a divorcee, she may compare you to her ex, thus making you feel like you have to prove that you aren’t like the ex. With a widow, she still does this, but it would be bad form to try and one-up the deceased spouse.
9. Toward the end of her marriage, the divorcee may not have had the greatest intimate life, so when they are dating someone new, she may be fun to get intimate with. A widowed woman, on the other hand, could have had an exciting bed life with her spouse, and upon his death, she may feel like she can never have that sort of connection or level of intimacy with someone again.
10. When you date a divorced woman, you may find there is some animosity toward you coming from friends or family because they sided with the ex. A widow’s family, on the other hand, will be more willing to welcome you into the fold just because you (presumably) make their loved one happy again.
You might be wondering if a widowed woman can be happy dating again as a divorced woman might be. Simply put, of course, she can! It is beneficial that you understand the type of relationship the widow may have had with her spouse so that you have a better understanding of what she is looking for. Dating a widowed woman can be fulfilling and exciting for all those involved, if you’re ready to put in the time and effort, it may need. You can start by joining an online dating site like LoveAgain.com and taking things slow when you meet a lady you’re interested in. Trust us, that she’ll let you know when she’s ready to meet up!